C7/C12 programs have been designed to ensure that the certified painters and blasters are able to perform painting and blasting to internationals standards. Blasters and painters who has been certified under this program will be registered under SSPC (Society for Protective Coatings).
C7 Abrasive Blasting Program
C7 is designed for Oil and Gas personnel who wish to obtain certification and others who wish to learn about blast cleaning of steel and non-ferrous surfaces. It covers principles of surface preparation, surface cleanliness, surface profile, dust and debris control and abrasives.
- Principles of Surface Preparation
- Nozzle Abrasive Blast Cleaning Systems (with Hands-On Session)
- Wet Abrasive Blast Cleaning System (with Hands-On Session) Abrasives
- Portable Centrifugal (Wheel) Abrasive Blast Cleaning Systems (with Hands-On Session)
- Abrasive Blast Cleaning Nonferrous Substrates
C12 Spray Application Program
This program assesses the skills of sprayers who have a minimum of 800 hours applying protective coatings with airlines/conventional spray in an oil and gas environment. Candidates are certified through a brief certification written exam and a practical hands-on skill assessment. This course is designed to train and certify oil and gas applicators to operate airless/conventional spray equipment.
- Introduction/Overview of Airless/Conventional Spray
- Equipment operational Systems
- Proper Mixing Techniques
- Proper Spray Techniques
- Conventional Spray (optional)